Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We Have Stairs!!




It is done!! All projects for the house are finished. Gary and I worked on this project for 11 hours this weekend. I was the go get and hand me this and hold this etc person and Gary did everything else. He worked very hard on this and it has taken a couple of days but the dogs are getting the hang of it. All except Hercules, he doesn't like going down them yet. Well we are ready for winter--I would be happy with fall. It was close to 90 each day this weekend and humid too. We had to wait till late afternoon to start work on the stairs and we still thought we were going to fall out from the heat.

Nothing new going on here except for that. Gary still working the consultant job in Kalamazoo and here at Smith's. We did get a fairly new car---newer than the Mountaineer that had 160,000 miles on it. We bought a 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer that was turned in as a rental that had 28,000 miles on it (still has warranty on it). We needed a car to take the trip in to move Jessica because everything on the Mountaineer was getting where it didn't want to work. We looked at renting a van but for one week it would have cost us around 1000 dollars which I felt would be wasted money since we needed a car with less miles on it. I have been looking for 3 months and I finally found one that I wanted to go look at. It was listed at 22,500 and Gary said it was probably a come on. But when we got there it was a very nice car, although they kept trying to push more expensive ones on us. We put down a big chunk and plan on paying it off in a year. So all we owe is our house, utilities, and one car.

Well take care until next time.

No comments: