Wednesday, May 16, 2007

59 Degrees and Lovin It














We have returned to great weather, 59 and sunny today, no humidity. Today is Wednesday and it has taken me this long to recover from this last weekend at Jessica's graduation. If not for WT, Jessica would have been totally turned off in her 10th grade Biology class from science. Thanks WT for showing her how fun science could be.

If you would like to look at more pics then check out Jon's Album place at http://picasaweb.google.com/jcshroyer.

We all enjoyed meeting Jon's girlfriend, Lauren. She is delightful, intelligent, has a great sense of humor, witty, pretty, and very kind and encouraging to Jon. I can rest at night now, knowing he is well taken care of in Atlanta. Thank you Lauren.

I believe everyone had a great time. There was a lot of drinking and partying down--I did warn the people with kids and teens that it would be an adult party--I hope no one got upset and felt like their teens and young ones were "over-exposed". I throughly enjoyed getting to see everyone and I apologize for being so exhausted. I had been there all week in that townhouse and heat and I was pretty well zapped. The heat is a killer when you are no longer use to it.

I want to thank the ladies (Theresa, Sherron, and Stephanie) for bailing me out in the kitchen. They did a great job of pulling the food all together. I could not have done it that day without them. I was totally dehydrated from my drunken episode the day before--that is another blog--one I am not proud of. I want to thank Sandra for the great food she brought. That night we chowed down on her lasagna, and cakes----ooooh her cakes. I want to thank Shawn for being the grill chef. Hamburgers and hot dogs were good. Thank you Marty (Troy Sr.) for helping with the back breaking work, and being a great dad watching and entertaining the kids. Thank you to Theresa, Andrea, Jason, Jon, Jessica for the night time entertainment!! The Karaoke machine was a hit with the adults--yes teenagers we were all wild and crazy at one time and sometimes we just have to let loose. Speaking of Teenagers, I was truly impressed with my grand-niece, Jocelyn. What a great young woman she is!!! She was so helpful and polite. She has turned into a very beautiful young woman with that fantastic hair, fair complextion, and loving attitude to the small kids at the party. Thank you Jocelyn--come see us some time.

I enjoyed meeting Robbie, Jess's best friend. She is also a beautiful young woman with a big heart who was there for Jess through the flu. I can't thank her enough for being there for Jess over this last year. Although, I was a little confused when one guy comes to the first part of the party, and after the wine tasting another guy walks in with her. What a Player--go girl!! Jessica's friend Toad, (opps, Todd) in his drunken state (yes he was drunk, whether he can admit it or not, everyone agreed on that point) tried to explain to me the boyfriend 1, boyfriend 2, boyfriend 3, and past boyfriend to be, scenario of Robbies life. Todd even though you told me I was a bitch (at least 3 times that day), I'm really not. Just trying to keep you safe from yourself and others--not being mom--just a responsible adult--you know that "serious" stuff you don't "get". Loved Mo-Mo. What a great dog!!

Take care every one and say a prayer for Brandon's parents--Jess's next door neighbor. We were looking forward to him being a big part of this party, but his parents were in an accident and he had to rush to their side. I have faith that they will have angels looking over them, but say an extra prayer for Brandon to give him the strength to make it through this trial.

Also, pray for Zane. Zane, Bethany, and Jess were the three musketeers through high school and he had to undergo colon cancer surgery the day before Jess's graduation. His kidneys aren't responding yet but I have faith that God will send his angels to watch over Zane and his family. Zane is a great young man. He was like having another son around when he was over at the house. The world can't loose Zane, because he is one of the good ones. We all love you Zaner.

Hope to see you all again soon. Love you all. Thank you again for showing up to support Jess and show her what family is all about.

1 comment:

Z said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. You've no idea how much your acceptance means to me. It was wonderful meeting all of you and I hope to see you again soon!

-Lauren